Product Manager - Platform
We are building Motion, the smart AI-powered cloud-computing platform, directly connecting the global innovation and startup ecosystems community. Motion is a catalyst for ecosystem connectedness that builds high-performance innovation ecosystems and drives startup business success. Thousands of companies of all sizes - from start-ups to Fortune 500s, R&D organizations, and government entities will join millions of entrepreneurs, researchers, inventors, investors, and ecosystem builders. Users will have direct access to meaningful data and resources, communicate and transact, and collaborate to create value, develop new products and scale their next innovation from anywhere, anytime. Motion makes the innovation process as simple, borderless, and easy as the rest of the internet, and we’re looking for a Product Manager to help drive these efforts.
About the role
As the product manager owning Motion's platform development functions, you will be active leader helping define and evolve our end-to-end platform product vision, strategy and execution by leading a core team of engineers and designers to build amazing products for our internal teams and customers. We’re looking for someone who can partner and collaborate across various internal and external teams, has a deep understanding of our customers and technology, and deliver innovative products and solutions solving complex business problems via a fantastic user experience.
You will be joining a critical group responsible for products that are part of a unique value proposition to the market and users of the platform. This squad focuses on product design, product roadmap, prototyping, product development, scalability, observability, maintenance, and troubleshooting within the Motion platform ecosystem. Motion Platform works with internal and external partners to build solutions that spur innovation, and efficiently develop and launch new products and services.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with engineering, analytics, design, other (platform collaboration, marketplace and payments) infrastructure teams to define and prioritize the highest impact projects.
- Own the platform product roadmap, focusing on internal systems ranging from payments, data, communication, integrations, internal tools, shared services, APIs, etc.
- Deliver internal products and experiences by combining a deep understanding of business strategy with creative product strategy and technical acumen
- Help Motion reach millions of businesses by building scalable systems
- Leverage data and customer feedback to constantly iterate and evolve product offerings
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and processes that allow Motion to grow the product management function at various stages of our growth’
- Work closely with internal research and production teams to better understand their use cases and create a Product Roadmap to meet their needs
- Establish product metrics that reflect product success and the progress of users on the platform. Drive efforts that increase performance on these metrics and the user experience.
- Serve as a product evangelist for ML products internally and externally.
- Be responsible for the performance (and measurement) of the team’s product and operational experiences, including impact to the business and our customers.
- Integrate analysis and customer feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs, as well as wants.
What You Need
- BA/BS in a technical or analytical field
- Minimum 3 years product management experience
- Experience building technical products from ideation to launch
- Deep understanding and passion for platform systems and APIs
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence small teams of engineers towards a common goal
- Experience evaluating product decisions and prioritization trade-offs, leveraging large datasets to make data-driven product decisions, and collaborating with multiple stakeholders and large cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced with using qualitative and quantitative data to make product decisions. You also know when and how to balance data with intuition.
- Passionate about solving real customer problems and advocating for their needs. You’re vocal about trying to minimize any negative impact on the customer experience.
- Inspiring, engaging and clear communication style; optimistic and forward-looking!
- Natural collaborator who knows how to drive decision-making with Engineering, Product Design, and analytics.
- A passionate member of the Motion community and someone who believes in Motion’s vision, mission and values!
Nice to Haves
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience with AI/ML development
- Experience building complex multisided platforms, marketplaces, or financial products
Full time or Authorized Contract - Based on experience
Please apply via the job portal or send your CV / Resume along with a cover letter to talent (Code PMP)
👀 Psst... we are giving you a trick: stand out when you apply by attaching to your resume a pitch, prez, link to a intro video, or other original content of your choice suggesting your ideas for the position or your past achievements. The goal is to discover you more!
** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - NO VISA SPONSORING **