Product Manager, Data and Transaction APIs & Platforms
Currently based in New York,
Hybrid: on-site and remote from United States and Canada.
Currently based in Paris, FR
Hybrid: on-site and remote from France, EU, UK.
We are looking for an Product Manager Data and Transaction APIs & Platforms who brings a strong sense of ownership and a can-do attitude in tackling the challenge, wants to build their product management experience and can work collaboratively across a multi-location high-performance team to drive results. You will join a Global Data Product team of data enthusiasts that includes data scientists, product managers, data architects, technologists and many more.
You will be responsible for the API design and standards for all services offered by Motion Innovation and Start-up Ecosystems Platform. In addition to building out new services, you will work closely with other PMs and Technical Leads to maintain our roadmap of features, with a clear rationale for prioritization that the team understands and supports.
You should possess a mix of technical strength, process orientation, and drive to challenge the status quo. We’re looking for a creative and curious product thinker who can develop and grow a compelling vision for the future of Motion’s API and overall developer experience.
This role reports into the Sr. Engineer of Data and Platforms and will support Product Managers in the ideation, development and execution of the product roadmap. You will be working day-to-day with colleagues across Motion in Paris, New York, and across the globe to drive adoption of our Data and Transaction APIs. The position is based either at Paris, France or New York, US. Considered remote if based in the EU, U.S. or Canada.
PMs do many things, but in the end, PMs ship and that means they cover whatever gaps in the process need to be covered. The following will be some of your responsibilities:
- Lead the team with your industry and domain expertise of data and transaction APIs.
- Work with other PMs to launch new API products.
- Manage API documentation, design, and standards.
- Facilitate an outstanding developer experience for clients large and small.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to ensure external global product adoption while defining internal interfaces for teams at Motion to build upon our services.
- Drive strategy for sustainable API growth, versioning, and deprecation.
- Identify key metrics, objectives, and results that will define success.
- A BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study. Degree in analytical or technical field such as business/finance, operations research, and economics is a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience in product management and client facing role.
- Significant experience with API products and development background.
- Strong analytical skills. Comfortable sourcing data from internal and external sources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort presenting to senior stakeholders, and current and prospective clients.
- Experience in writing and maintaining technical product documentation for a variety of audiences.
- You have experience working in Scrum teams in an agile environment, tightening every feedback loop regarding the product (e.g. release often, release early, talk to customers, minimal marketable product, etc).
- A team player focused on “getting things done”.
- Meticulous attention to detail and consistency in task execution with an ability to learn quickly with minimal supervision.
- Track record of delivering results on time and proactively managing expectations with stakeholders and leadership.
- Collaboration, accountability, drive, inquisitiveness, adaptability, humour, empathy and humility will get you far.
- Bonus points if you have experience with data analytics and financial products and/or started business, or worked in a tech platform start-up in a related space.
This is a paid position commensurate with experience.
Ideal job opportunity in Paris for professionals and expats seeking employment opportunities with English as the main working language.
If based in the Paris, the Product Manager Data and Transactions APIs & Platforms must be fluent in English (able to lead and manage local and global teams and communicate in English with virtual teams from different locations).
👀 Psst... we are giving you a trick: stand out when you apply by attaching to your resume a pitch, prez, link to a intro video, or other original content of your choice suggesting your ideas for the position or your past achievements. The goal is to discover you more!
Please apply via the job portal or send your CV / Resume along with a cover letter to talent (Code PMDTAPI).
** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - NO VISA SPONSORING TO THE U.S.**