Director of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships - France & EU
Location: Paris, France and ocassional remote
We are looking for a Director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships in Paris with a proven track record in designing and executing strategic roadmaps to successfully entering, developing and growing new markets, developing and managing channel partnerships and selling technology solutions and services. We are looking for a self-starter, a team player and strong leader to join our top-notch international team that shares our passion for innovation and quality work that creates results for our customers. The Business Development Manager works directly with the CEO and Chief Growth/Product Officer to prospect and qualify new businesses as well as manage clients through the Business Development process. We are looking for a motivated strategic business development leader to establish a solid footprint and successful growth of Motion in the French and European markets. This is a great opportunity to be part of the next great venture-backed start-up to thrive and to grow into a VP role within our company.
The critical success factors for this role are:
- Identify new strategic partnership opportunities in support of Motion! technology, products and services strategy, and initiatives
- Structure, negotiate and close partnership to meet or exceed objectives
- Manage the entire sales cycle: project detection, analysis of the needs, commercial proposal, contract negotiation and signature
- Works closely with product development as they have a great perspective on what’s happening in the market. Business Development can be valuable in recommending /evaluating potential new business/product/service line
- Partner with engineering as needed to develop product offerings necessary to fulfill customer expectations and grow the customer base
- Establish and nurture relationships with key partners at every level
- Working with the strategic and product development groups in Motion! to help identify new opportunities in new or existing markets with new or existing products/services
- Work with various internal Motion! teams (including technology, analytics, cloud services, development, marketing, support, finance and legal) to gain support for key initiatives and deals
- Leadership in networking/relationship building, competitive intelligence, being a futurist, scaling business development, and getting the stuff done, more specifically making good deals
- Assist in the development of business models, pricing, product and market strategies
- Quantify, track, and report on product and service performance
- Passion for new technologies, artificial intelligence, data analytics and deep knowledge of cloud computing, PaaS, SaaS, DaaS in the French and the European Union markets
- You are an excellent oral and written communicator and you possess an analytical approach to business development, leveraging data to drive decisions
- Strategic Planning - Assist Motion's Leadership in developing and successfully execute a short and long-term business development timeline for growth that represents our brand as a pioneer in the innovation and start-up ecosystems and also caters to current stakeholders and consumer needs
- Proven successful business development and strategic partnerships background for early-stage and growth-stage start-ups
- Knowledge of the multi-sided platform business models
- Excellent knowledge and first-hand experience and relationship with key stakeholders in the French Tech Ecosystem and ideally knowledge in other EU tech ecosystems
- Proven ability to structure, negotiate and execute complex strategic partnerships that create significant value for stakeholders
- Proven expertise in establishing strategic alliances and partnerships with corporations, universities, and other ventures that can potentially bring access to new customers and shared resources, increased exposure and brand recognition, and expanded geographic reach
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills, including strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, and an embedded drive for results
- Successfully delivering and closing deal pitches. Ability/creativity to give an "experience', not just a sales pitch
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding objectives
- 5+ years of strong experience working on technology and platform business development.
- Willingness to travel 40%-75% ( domestically in France, the EU, and occasionally some international travel included)
- Experience and comfort with the technical aspect of cloud computing and AI
- Self-starter who can operate with minimal oversight
- Extensive database of senior contacts and the ability to network to get to anyone
- MBE, MBA, Engineering, or equivalent from a top school or equivalent work experience in the technology, health care, financial technology and industry services
- B2B and B2B2C digital technology platforms work experience
- Successfully developing markets for cloud-based technology platforms, Saas, DaaS products and services
- Successfully taking early-stage technology start-ups to market through key deals and strategic partnerships
- Developing your customer portfolio by conducting cross-selling and up-selling
- Developing successful businesses and growth strategies in the health tech, financial technologies, data analytics, industry sectors
Must be accompanied by a cover letter outlining:
- Length of time in the business development & sales field
- Demonstrated examples of successful business development growth and sales achievements, as well as developing strategic partnerships
- Demonstrate experience in business development strategy and growth for technology start-ups
- Why you would like to be a part of Motion!
This is a paid position commensurate with experience (a combination of equity, cash, and bonuses).
Ideal job opportunity in Paris, France for bilingual (French/English) professionals and French ex-pats seeking employment opportunities in Paris with English as the main working language
👀 Psst... we are giving you a trick: stand out when you apply by attaching to your resume a pitch, prez, link to a intro video, or other original content of your choice suggesting your ideas for the position or your past achievements. The goal is to discover you more!
Please apply via the job portal or send your CV / Resume along with a cover letter to Talent (Code DBDFR) and include a link to your LinkedIn profile.
** CANDIDATES WITH FRENCH OR EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENSHIP ONLY - NO VISA SPONSORING **