Business Development Leader(s)
North America: based in New York.
Hybrid: on-site and remote from the United States and Canada
We’re looking for Business Development Leaders to help us conceive and execute our business grow and partnership strategy and drive our efforts to expand the utility of Motion ! products with clients and partners. You will collaborate closely with Product teams, Partnerships teams, Operations and Legal to nurture and grow new markets and business opportunities for Motion! These opportunities will span the globe and include large companies, universities R&D and entrepreneurship centres, innovative start-ups, venture capital and other start-up ecosystem stakeholders as potential partners and users of Motion's platform.
You have business industry and technical expertise, a strategic perspective on both product and business development, the ability to negotiate both externally and internally to close a contract, the chops to run a deal, and you bring simplicity to complex issues, not the reverse. You’re very familiar with contractual, technical, and financial issues and you can effectively communicate both up and down a management ladder. You are excited by the challenge of structuring custom agreements and new templates for initiatives to grow the local and global partner ecosystem around Motion's products and solutions. Additionally, you enjoy a team-oriented environment, working cross-functionally with the Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations and Legal teams to develop new ways to drive the growth of our platform products, services, and solutions.
This is the optimal opportunity for you to:
- Work in an international, fast growing start-up in the business/technology information service space and gather first-hand start-up experience in developing businesses and delivering services exceptionally.
- Work independently and enjoy collaborating with mentors and professionals who have experience in launching similar ventures and developing new businesses
- Participate in a potentially significant upside beyond your salary
You have successfully completed your studies at a the major Business Schools/Universities in Management, Economics, Engineering with a focus on Business Development/Marketing, Sales, Entrepreneurship or equivalent
- have 5+ years of business services, technical sales and business development experience
- have an entrepreneurial mindset for creating new business opportunities
- bring along some expertise working with start-up companies or have a strong interest in B2B - Business Development within the digital health, mobile, digital platforms, data & analytics, cyber-security and financial sectors (this would be a nice-to-have, no requirement)
- are working independently, with speed, orientated to details and results and can work either full time, part time or remotely – we are primarily interested in results, not face time
- are used to work under time pressure and are ambitious
- are a team player and have this certain entrepreneurial thinking
- are eager to change the world and/or found your own start-up business later on
- know the local market well in the innovation and start-up ecosystems and technology space
- have a good knowledge of cutting-age tools and ability to put together business presentations
- ideally also bring along the basic technical understanding of new technologies
- would love to be part of one of the next business/technology service's big start-up
The Business Development Leader works with the Business Development Directors and Chief Growth Officer to improve an organization’s market position and achieve sales and financial growth. This person executes long-term organizational strategic business and sales goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Business Development Leader work in a senior sales position within the company. It is their job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
Business Development Leaders will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They manage the account sales cycle, they are the point of contact with clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, can be scrappy, creative & resourceful while also building structure and process
- You will prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- You will develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- You will be required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- You will develop new businesses within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- You will meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- You will research and build relationships with new clients.
- You will set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- You will plan approaches and pitches. * Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- You will participate in pricing the solution/service.
- You will handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- You will present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- You will be working for a diverse, dynamic, international team of mid and senior level management, marketing, sales and technical staff, and will get your own responsibilities right from the beginning
This is a paid position commensurate with experience (a combination of cash, stock options, and bonuses)
Please apply via the job portal or send your CV / Resume along with a cover letter to talent (Code BDL).
** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - NO VISA SPONSORING **
Motion ! is an early-stage technology start-up company based in Paris, France and New York City, U.S. Our vision is to build a smart innovation ecosystem that allows innovators, consumers, and businesses to do all aspects of business online. We at Motion are on a mission to make the world a more innovative and prosperous place, one community, one ecosystem at a time.