Lead Systems Engineer (AI Platform)
Position based in Paris, France
or Remote from EU country, UK or U.S.
We are looking for a Lead Systems Engineer (AI Platform). The product engineering team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs in data and advance AI technology and delivering them to market at scale. Motion’s engineering and innovation team seeks a Lead Systems Engineer to join our unique cross-functional team and help us achieve our ambitious goals. You will have the opportunity to help us design and build out new platform capabilities and features; mentor and teach other Engineers, lead projects, and ultimately even take on a global leadership role within the group. The role includes Application Development, Big Data Engineering, large scale data architecture, data ingestion, machine learning pipelines, high throughput/low latency data service API's.
- Drive technical decisions and lead projects end-to-end from planning, to execution, to deployment.
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Partner with senior stakeholders to develop technology vision and road-map for the group.
- Work with the Chief Product Officer & Chief Technology Officer to create data products.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
- Mentor junior engineers on technical topics, engineering best practices, and soft skills.
- Exceptionally high standards clean code and architecture.
- Experience building large scale back-end systems.
- Cloud computing architecture.
- Strong understanding in database fundamentals and familiar with architectures of common database technologies.
- Experienced in architecting and implementing modern data platform (data lake or data warehouse) with batch and streaming data ingestion and processing on GCP or AWS cloud
- Solid understanding of fundamental architecture and working principle of a relational database, NoSQL database, massively parallel processing (MPP) database, distributed processing framework (MapReduce/Spark, etc.), pub/sub messaging/streaming platform (e.g. Kafka, Google Pub/Sub, Kinesis)
- Experienced in SQL query, data manipulation language (DML), and data definition language (DDL) including hands-on experience in managing database tables and views
- Experienced in building Data App or Data Pipeline using Java/Python/Scala/Go programing language(s)
- 5+ years of professional experiences in programming with Python & Java.
- Solid understanding of and experience with SQL.
- SaaS models and cloud services.
- Professional experience working remote or telecommuting.
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Experienced and willing to lead and manage work for junior data engineers on the team
- Possess excellent work ethic, positive attitude to work and good verbal communication
- Can effectively document, present and pursue solution design and idea to stakeholders/teams
- Experience with a global company and virtual teams is required.
- This position may require up to 15% travel.
This is a paid position commensurate with experience and performance.
Ideal job opportunity in Paris for professionals and expats seeking employment opportunities with English as the main working language.
The Lead Systems Engineer must be fluent in English.
👀 Psst... we are giving you a trick: stand out when you apply by attaching to your resume a pitch, prez, link to a intro video, or other original content of your choice suggesting your ideas for the position or your past achievements. The goal is to discover you more!
Please apply via the job portal or send your CV / Resume along with a cover letter to talent (Code LSE).
** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - NO VISA SPONSORING TO THE U.S.**