Head of Talent Acquisition
Based in New YorK City, USA
We are looking for a Head of Talent Acquisition. As the Head of Talent Acquisition, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the successful recruiting, onboarding, and continued learning and development of all core team members. You'll play a critical role in defining Motion's strategy, culture and values as we expand in the United States and Europe. Alongside our founders, you will create scalable processes across all people ops functions: company culture, talent strategy, compensation + benefits, human resources, learning + development, and more.
- Manage the full cycle of recruiting process across multiple roles and teams and help our company scale - focus on building pipelines, guiding candidates through the process, and supporting hiring teams by helping them find their new team members!
- Oversee all people ops functions, including talent acquisition, HR, compensation, talent, and culture.
- Work closely with team managers to build a seamless interview process that helps us bring the best candidates to our teams.
- Coordinate between different team leaders to ensure all tasks related to the onboarding process are completed effectively. Develop learning tools, guides to processes at the company, and a variety of other forms of onboarding materials.
- Regularly meet with everyone at the organization to identify and execute on areas where greater employee growth can be enabled. Monitor, optimize, and report on growth metrics and KPIs.
- Wear many hats - we need someone who can do many things well with little hand-holding and can easily pivot as priorities shift.
- Project ownership - oversee multiple projects under tight deadlines while working alongside cross-functional teams of industry specialists, data analysts, engineers, and operators.
- Process improvement - we’re growing fast and have lots to build along the way. We’re looking for someone who will develop new processes to optimize workflows and make operations more efficient.
- BA/BS degree required; Master’s in related field preferred.
- 7+ years experience of training/organization development, people operations, preferably in a startup environment.
- Experience working with HR technologies and with global teams
- A high level of ownership, confidentiality, and attention to detail
- Obsessive about all things Recruiting and People Ops. You are self-aware and well-spoken on the phone, video conferences, email and in-person. You’re respectful of the culture we’ve built and the work put in to get us this far.
- Past experience in a recruiting role, ideally as a part of a small team in a high growth technology start-up.
- Proven track record of successfully identifying, qualifying, and engaging exceptional talent.
- Authentic leader. You build relationships quickly. People look to you for direction and feel supported by you.
- Experience working with hiring leaders to build candidate pipelines and interview processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness.
- Truly flexible. You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change. (At a fast-growing startup, they often do.)
This is a paid position commensurate with experience (a combination of equity, cash, and bonuses).
Please apply via the job portal or send your CV / Resume along with a cover letter to talent (Code HTA).
** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - NO VISA SPONSORING **