Director or Marketing
Based in New YorK City, USA or Paris, France
We are looking for a brilliant experienced Director of Marketing to develop and direct our Marketing department from the ground up. The ideal candidate is experienced, with proven end-to-end project management as well as B2B, B2B2C digital marketing, and paid advertising campaigns. Balance cutting-edge marketing strategy and execute on those ideas. Break molds and live in the uncharted territory. This position will work with the internal marketing team, global contractors, and agencies to establish the strategic foundation for growth, KPI’s and revenue goals.
This position is directly responsible for all aspects of marketing including brand strategy, PR, digital marketing, event marketing, broadcast, email marketing, influencer marketing, SEO, and content marketing. You must have experience in marketing. Industry relationships are a big plus. If you enjoy startup environments (i.e. wearing multiple hats, learning different roles, creating new processes, learning to adapt quickly to changes), you will thrive in this position. You will report to the CGO and CEO.
- 8+ years of marketing execution and leadership, preferably with a mix of B2B and B2B2C experience.
- Proven record defining brand strategy and positioning
- Hands-on experience establishing, optimizing, and evaluating the effectiveness of marketing campaigns across all channels
- Experience launching and growing a brand in new markets
- Demonstrated track record as an executive with responsibility for inbound and permission-based marketing
- Experience leading PR and communications, preferably with a startup, building relationships with the press, analysts and other industry influencers/stakeholders
- Ability to clearly define quantifiable objectives with a detail-oriented approach
- A strong track record of hiring outstanding talent and teams
- Be comfortable in a startup environment where flexibility and innovation are essential
- Contribute to the overall company strategy and growth as a member of the executive team
- Oversee and execute marketing strategy that contributes to growth goals
- Translate brand and market vision into differentiated and compelling messaging
- Work closely with product and development teams to understand our clients’ needs
- Create go-to-market strategies, communication, and collateral that reflects the Motion ! brand
- Lead the team in annual and quarterly planning, keeping track of budget, and reporting on performance, with a focus on ROI & revenue growth
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer/user insights and use data to improve future marketing campaigns and results
- Motivate, mentor, and develop the marketing team
- Develop a long-term plan for marketing team structure and growth
- Willingness to travel up to 30% (international travel included)
If based in Paris, France, the Director of Marketing must be French native language speaker and fluent in English (able to lead and manage local and global teams and communicate in English with virtual teams from different locations).
This is a paid position commensurate with experience (a combination of equity, cash, and bonuses).
Please apply via the job portal or send your CV / Resume along with a cover letter to talent (Code DM).
** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - NO VISA SPONSORING **