Director Business Development & Strategic Partnerships
Based in New York City (US) or Paris, France
Motion ! is looking for a Director Business Development Strategic Partnerships to play a critical role in creating and leading first-of-its kind partnerships to grow our platform eco-system and worldwide market footprint. The Director Business Development Strategic Partnerships will help identify and drive strategic partnerships focused on technology and platform companies that mutually drive value. The role will work closely with the Chief Growth Officer and VP Business Development, CFO, CEO, and other key internal & external stakeholders to develop and execute strategies to create deep and lasting B2B strategic partnerships. The Business Development Strategic Partnerships must be a visionary thought leader and possess the ability to establish strategic direction, develop & flawlessly execute plans and inspire others to deliver desired results. The critical success factors for this role are:
- Identify new strategic partnership opportunities in support of Motion ! technology, products and services strategy, and initiatives
- Structure, negotiate and close partnership in order to meet or exceed objectives
- Works closely with product development as they have a great perspective on what’s happening in the market. Business Development can be valuable in recommending /evaluating potential new business/product/service line
- Partner with engineering as needed to develop product offerings necessary to fulfill customer expectations and grow the customer base
- Establish and nurture relationships with key partners at every level
- Working with the strategic and product development groups in Motion! to help identify new opportunities in new or existing markets with new or existing products/services
- Work with various internal Motion ! teams (including technology, analytics, cloud services, development, marketing, support, finance and legal) to gain support for key initiatives and deals
- Leadership in networking/relationship building, competitive intelligence, being a futurist, scaling business development, and getting the stuff done, more specifically making good deals
- Manage junior team members or outside contractors or vendors as related to Business Development and strategic paertnerships needs and projects.
- Assist in the development of business models, pricing, product and market strategies
- Develop and formalize workflow and processes for efficient CRM use for lead and partner management purposes
- Quantify, track, and report on product and service performance
- Passion for new technologies, artificial intelligence, data analytics and a deep knowledge of the cloud computing ecosystem and senior contacts at key industry players
- Strategic Planning - Assist Motion's Leadership in developing and successfully execute a short and long-term business development timeline for growth that represents our brand as a pioneer in the innovation and start-up ecosystems and also caters to current stakeholders and consumer needs
- Proven successful business development and strategic partnerships background for early stage and grow stage start-ups
- Knowledge of the PaaS ecosystem and business models
- Knowledge of the PaaS developer services ecosystem
- Proven ability to structure, negotiate and execute complex strategic partnerships that create significant value for stakeholders
- Proven expertise in establishing strategic alliances and partnerships with corporations, universities, and other ventures that can potentially bring access to new customers and shared resources, increased exposure and brand recognition, and expanded geographic reach
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills, including strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, and an embedded drive for results
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, can be scrappy, creative & resourceful while also building structure and process
- Successfully delivering and closing deal pitches. Ability/creativity to give an "experience', not just a sales pitch
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding objectives
- 8+ years of strong experience working on digital platform business development, technology licensing, and middleware business development.
- Willingness to travel 40%-75% (international travel included)
- Experience and comfort with the technical aspect of cloud computing and AI
- Self-starter who can operate with minimal oversight
- Extensive database of senior contacts and the ability to network to get to anyone
- MBE, MBA, from top school or equivalent work experience
- B2B digital technology platforms work experience
- Cloud-based technology experience
- Lead entrepreneurial work-based experience
- Top five consulting firm experience
- Engineering undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
This is a paid position commensurate with experience (a combination of equity, cash, and bonuses).
Based in Paris, France, the Director of Business Development & Partnerships must be French native language speaker and fluent in English (able to lead and manage local and global teams and communicate in English with virtual teams from different locations).
Please apply via the job portal or send your CV / Resume along with a cover letter to talent (Code BDBSP).
** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - NO VISA SPONSORING **