Data Scientist Lead (Manager or Director Level position)
Based in Paris, France.
What We Do
Motion! is a Paris and New York-based start-up company. We are building the AI and smart intelligence platform from the ground up for a cloud-powered future. A PaaS that empowers stakeholders of innovation and start-up ecosystems for effective global connectedness, minimize the risk of failure and optimize opportunities for investment on innovation and propel the successful development and growth of new start-up businesses.
We have no shortage of fascinating challenges in machine learning, data science, and software engineering. To tackle them, we are assembling a team of experienced super-heroes who have already proven their ability to turn bleeding edge research and tech into practical applications and services.
At Motion!, we combine our strengths—ecosystem stakeholders network, modern technology, advanced analytics, data visualization, and industry specialist’s insights—with the expertise of our, corporate, venture capitalists and start-up partners. The results are, players in these ecosystems can tap into a worldwide circulation of ideas, knowledge, diligently vetted-innovation, talent, and capital. A powerful platform for the global start-up ecosystem network, uniquely prepared to provide smart solutions and services to our partners and customers.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with our Vertical Lead’s to develop a Data Science roadmap
- Manage projects consisting of cross functional teams including Data Scientist, Software Engineering and Solutions Engineering
- Work on building out Motion’s suite of cutting-edge data science tools
- Collaborate with the Data Science team members to identify common problems and areas for automation and standardization
- Apply cutting-edge machine learning techniques at large scale to streaming data
- Conduct research into advancements in algorithms, computing and statistics and apply those insights to Motion !
- Communicate results to clients and end users. Incorporate their feedback into future Data Science projects
- Depending on candidate's experience level and demonstrated level of proficiency, may manage team up of up to 20 data scientists, machine learning-algorithms experts, data analysts, data modelling.
- PhD (preferred) or MS in computer science, statistics, physics or mathematics
- A minimum of 3 years experience working on data science/machine learning projects outside of academia
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist, Predictive Modeler, Analytics Professional or similar role
- In-depth understanding of various machine learning algorithms (e.g. SVM, neural networks), and techniques (e.g. cross-validation, feature selection, etc)
- Deep knowledge of open source statistical modeling tools such as R or Python
- Expert knowledge of at least one common data science framework, e.g., Python pandas/scikit-learn (preferred), TensorFlow or similar
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to define and execute a clear plan for data exploration, experiments, and conclusion
- Knowledge of Git or ability to learn it quickly
- Ability to frame problems and execute them independently is a must
- Industry experience in one of the following areas:
- Media & Publishing
- One or more published academic papers
- Previous contributions to patents are a plus
- Masters or Phd in a quantitative field, such as:
- Computer Science
- Industrial Engineering
- Operations Research
- Previous experience with Scala, Java, Spark, and/or MongoDB
If based in Paris, France, the Data Scientist Lead must be French native language speaker and fluent in English (able to lead and manage local and global teams and communicate in English with virtual teams from different locations).
This is a paid position commensurate with experience (a combination of equity, cash, and bonuses).
Please apply via the job portal or send your CV / Resume along with a cover letter to talent (Code DSL).
** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - NO VISA SPONSORING **