Business - Product Success Strategist and Storytelling Writer
Based in Paris or New York
Considered remote if based in the U.S, Canada, UK and the EU.
We are looking for a brilliant business and product success and storytelling writer strategist, someone who can breathe life into the stories about Motion’s brand, and unique value proposition. You would be pursuing the bigger questions. The deeper truths. You love to listen, learn, and ask too many questions. You have a natural drive to dive head first into Motion’s business model, competitive landscape, and ultimately the hearts and minds of Motion’s audiences and customers.
You combine data, research, and your successful experience to help shape a compelling narrative and partner with the creative team to create content experiences tailored to dazzle the target audience(s) and drive ROI. The storytelling writer and the marketing and communications team are encouraged to act entrepreneurially, each member will live and breathe a broad range of subjects from knowledge of the industry, market and key ecosystem stakeholders to market and community trends.
We seek exceptional talent that strives to join a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves. We insist on having fun and aspire to create ground-breaking work together.
This is a part-time, freelance position. All qualified candidates to be considered, including remote. But bonus points if you can join us in our Paris or New York hubs from time to time.
- Apply big picture thinking, storytelling and insights in developing Motion brand and campaigns to reach company goals
- Work closely with the leadership team and employees on communication initiatives that incorporate the vision, mission, values and strategic growth priorities of Motion.
- Anticipate future trends and success of a product or service
- Work with key executive on contributed articles
- Collaborate Motion’s Product Development Strategy and Discovery processes
- Create structure and guidelines for employees to act as brand ambassadors consistent with Motion’s overall company values and messaging.
- Create marketing strategies for Motion using all services and resources available
- Design and lead strategic workshops and brainstorms
- Collaborate with Motion’s Strategy, Growth and Product Development Teams in building brand and value proposition narratives, rebrands, and pivots.
- You are fluent and motivated by consumer patterns, business strategy, and general marketing theory.
- You have a passion for solving puzzles, ideating strategic approaches, digging deeper to understand what makes brands win and consumer tick.
- You have successful experience working with tech start-ups, launching new businesses, new products, branding and dazzling audiences.
- You should be familiar with design thinking, business model innovation and lean start-up methodologies.
- You should be familiar with, but not be constricted by, formal processes for building and evolving brands. (Positioning, pillars, pyramids, bridges, etc.) We care less about the specific approach but looking for experience with a more structured process.
- You have deep understanding and previous exposure to the key innovation and start-up ecosystem stakeholders including a network of top caliber entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, media, and decision makers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising or relevant field preferred but not required
- Understanding of creative process
If based in Paris, France, Business - Product Success and Storytelling Writer must be French native language speaker and fluent in English (able to lead and communicate with global teams in English virtually and from different locations).
Compensation: Contract commensurate with experience and performance.
Please apply via the job portal or send your CV / Resume along with a cover letter to talent (Code BPSW).
** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - NO VISA SPONSORING **